Tuesday 26 April 2011

Precision engineering?



The Engineer
Rating: Four stars

As the stomping ground of Kate Moss and Co., Primrose Hill may be the perfect place to watch celebrity scandal unfold before your eyes, but it's also a great place to head for dinner.

The delightful Odettes may well have been crowned top dog in this lovely slice north london, but The Engineer is a less pricey alternative that offers some very good food.

On my last visit I opted for the char-grilled rib of British beef on the bone, peppercorn sauce & chips, which came in at £25. So yes it isn't cheap, but wow this has to be the best piece of steak I've ever been lucky enough to get my knashers around. Cooked rare (of course!) the meat melted in my mouth and as a result of being left on the bone it was extra tasty. The chips and peppercorn sauce came up tops too.

My only criticism is that the choice of sides wasn't the most adventurous and, ideally, I'd have preferred to have seen a bit more thought go into what would best complement this well-deserving chunk of meat.

Still, I'd recommend you pay The Engineer a visit and if you want to preview their latest menu go to
www.the-engineer.com


No comments:

Post a Comment